TECHSHIP IS A GLOBAL SUPPLIER OF WIRELESS COMPONENTS
SIMCom SIM7000E is a Quad-Band LTE-FDD and Dual-Band GPRS/EDGE mPCIe module. It supports LTE CAT-M1(eMTC) and NB-IoT with up to 375kbps data transfer.
SIM7000E is intended for the European and Australian markets
It is designed for applications that need low latency, medium throughput data communication in a variety of radio propagation conditions. Due to the unique combination of performance, security and flexibility, this module is ideally suited for M2M applications, such as metering, telematics, asset tracking, remote monitoring ,
E-health and mobile POS terminals.
This manual describes the hardware and technical specifications of the module.
This manual describes the AT commands valid for controlling the Simcom SIM7000 Series modules.
This Application Note PDF document describes how the USB Voice/Audio feature for Simcom SIM7x00 series modules.
This manual gives general guidelines worth considering when designing and selecting main and diversity antennas for cellular applications.
SIM800F_SIM900_SIM5300E_Migration to SIM7000_Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series UART Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series_FTP_Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series_GNSS_Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series_HTTP_Application Note_V1.01,
SIM7000 Series_NTP_Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series_PING_Application Note_V1.00,
SIM7000 Series_TCPIP_Application Note_V1.01
This Zip archive contains the Windows operating system drivers for the SIM7xxx series Qualcomm chipset based cellular modules. Please refer to the included PDF manual for installation instructions for each system and USB endpoint selection.
This archice contains the Simcom SIM7000 Series Firmware Update Tool for Microsoft Windows systems
(Not for SIM7020 series)
This archive contains the Windows firmware update tool for SIM53-series, SIM7-series and SIM89-series modules.
Please follow the included instructions regarding installation and usage.
SimCom SIM7000 series Downloadable Application Module:
• Powerful: based on C language, a powerful programming language and can perform complex calculation as programming on module firmware directly.
• Simplicity: provides many interfaces to assist you develop applications easily including AT command operation, thread operation, EFS operation, GPIO/I2C/ADC and other operation libraries.
• Efficiency: C language is the fastest language besides ASM language. By using it, you do not need to care whether their application can perform so quickly to handle software/hardware operation.
• Extensibility: provides many easy-to-use interfaces which can provide most commonly-used functions. Customer can also develop their own libraries like database(sqlite) or compress utility(zip) easily.
• Multi-threads support: supports multi thread running in the module, by using the thread APIs, customer applications can do many powerful functions.
• Big memory: provides up to 1M DDR memory and full EFS space for customer applications to use. With big memory support, customer can write very complicated applications in multiple C source files.
• Powerful periphery operation: provides powerful APIs to let customer applications operate numerous periphery devices.
• Flexible: don’t rely on module’s version, the Downloadable Application Module (DAM) will run successfully even if the module’s version was updated.
• Good power utilizing: enables better power consumption efficiency compared separate external MCU. Also, when DAM are idle(call tx_event_flags_get or tx_thread_sleep), the module will enter sleep mode as it needs. Any interrupt will wake up the SIM7000 module.
This archive contains the Simcom SIM7000E firmware update files and release notes.
Please note that this firmware is only suitable for SIM7000E SKU series: S2-10732-*****
How to collect initial diagnostics data and logs for Simcom SIM7000 series cellular modules, needed when requesting Techship technical support?
In order to troubleshoot and solve a technical problem, we ask you to please provide information about your system and logs from the related Simcom module when creating a technical support ticket.
Problem description of what exact problem is and in what precise situations present.
Describe the host system:
-Hardware (system board, peripherals...)
-Operating system and detailed versions (E.g. Windows, Linux release, kernel...)
-Drivers and driver versions
Identify the precise details of cellular module found on label:
-SKU/BOM or P/N code
(For RMA returns the IMEI number is mandatory)
If you are running on a Linux based system, please capture the terminal logs bellow:
ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
ls -l /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices
The logs from the cellular module firmware can be acquired by accessing the USB enumerated serial (COM) interfaces accepting AT commands. They can be named modem, AT, PC UI etc. (In Windows device manager, found under modem or serial interfaces). Send the following AT commands bellow to module and capture the output and include them when creating the the technical support ticket.
Test that you get a reply with command:
Command echo enabled:
Basic module info:
Detailed module version info:
Verbose error reporting:
Get mobile operation band:
Preferred band selection:
Show network system mode:
Preferred order CAT-M and NB-IoT:
Preferred network mode:
List network operator info:
Network registration status:
Network GPRS registration status:
Network EPS registration status:
Request UE system info:
Packet domain attach status
List APN details/PDP profiles:
PDP profiles attach status:
Show PDP IP address:
RM network interface status:
Power Saving Mode Setting:
Get Network APN in CAT-M or NB-IOT:
Service Domain Preference:
LTE Cat-M cell lock configuration:
LTE NB-IOT cell lock configuration:
NB-IOT Scrambling Feature config:
APN configuration mode:
Query RRC State:
CAT-M and NB-IOT band config:
Module crash reset status:
NB-IOT band scan optimization config:
Service Domain Preference For NB-IOT:
The support ticket can be created after login at: https://techship.com/technical_support/